Friday, March 25, 2011

Love


'Despicable Me' is a movie about a grouchy, mean, litterbug of a villain who is transformed into a loving, responsible dad because of a bunch of sweet orphans. The cartoon story is quite remarkable, and made me think of where I would be without my kids, my husband, my church. My character, my being has been transformed by these entities that have so touched my life. When thinking of the movie, we all really are despicable. I am redeemed by grace, and I am so thankful for those who love me and encourage me on my journey. Remember, when God thinks of you, love swells in his heart and a smile comes to his face!

French Onion Soup Tartars

2 TBSP olive oil, divided
1 medium sweet onion and 1 medium red onion quartered and sliced
3 small yellow onions, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices
2 TBSP dry white wine
2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 tsp honey
1 sprig fresh thyme
4 large slices country bread
2 oz grated comte or gruyere cheese (optional vegans)

Heat 1 TBSP oil and brown the sweet and red onions for 20 min. Heat the remaining oil and add yellow onions. Cook for 5 minutes each side. Save 12 of the prettiest slices, and chop the rest of the yellow onions. Add the chopped yellow onions to the other onions and add the wine. Cook 1-2 minutes, until the alcohol evaporates. Stir in the broth, honey, thyme, season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes, until most of the liquid evaporates. Place the bread slices on a baking sheet. Spread 1/4 cup of onion mixture on each bread, top with grated cheese, and 2 yellow onion slices. Broil for 2-3 minutes.

This is a yummy appetizer, and looks and tastes fancy for dinners.

Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.
-Psalm 63:3




1 comment:

  1. Just watched this movie today....we all just love it. and God's heart does swell with love when He thinks of us. I needed that reminder. Thanks Britt! Love you - and always here for you.
    BTW: can't wait to try this recipe : )

    ReplyDelete