Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happiness




Arroz Con Leche (Rice Pudding) Vegetarian, but not Vegan, dessert

1 and 1/2 cups water
1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
1 cinnamon stick
1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 TBSP raisins

Combine water, rice, and cinnamon stick and boil. Lower to a simmer and add milk and raisins. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously, then simmer uncovered for 15 minutes. Discard the cinnamon and indulge.


Research has showed that people are happiest when they are focused on a task at hand, such as exercise, intimacy, talking with a friend, eating, or praying. People are least happy when their minds are wandering; computer time, TV time, personal free time, etc.

Happy is the man who finds wisdom and understanding for the
gain from it is better than gain from silver and profit better than gold.
-Proverbs 3:13,14

"When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other."
-Eric Hoffer

1 comment:

  1. I hope everyone had a great spring break.
    I know that I do not comment on here much but I want to thank Brittany for the continued posts that provide added support through this blog. Having this blog available and full of such uplifting posts have helped push me along when I am struggling.
    I also wanted to add another amazing book to read. My cousin started reading my copy over spring break and I ended up giving it to her. The book is called Love & Respect by Dr.Emerson Eggerichs. This book is based on extensive biblical and scientific research, Dr. Emerson Eggerichs reveals the secret to couples meeting each others deepest needs.
    My husband had this book when we first started dating and I read it the first time in one night. There are many reviews on the book online if you are interested. I am going to order myself a new copy and an extra copy if someone would like to borrow the book.
    Have a great week.
    Candace

    ReplyDelete