Saturday, April 2, 2011

Early Spring

    Lines Written in Early Spring

      I HEARD a thousand blended notes,
      While in a grove I sate reclined,
      In that sweet mood when pleasant thoughts
      Bring sad thoughts to the mind.

      To her fair works did Nature link
      The human soul that through me ran;
      And much it grieved my heart to think
      What man has made of man.

      Through primrose tufts, in that green bower,
      The periwinkle trailed its wreaths;
      And 'tis my faith that every flower
      Enjoys the air it breathes.

      The birds around me hopped and played,
      Their thoughts I cannot measure:--
      But the least motion which they made
      It seemed a thrill of pleasure.

      The budding twigs spread out their fan,
      To catch the breezy air;
      And I must think, do all I can,
      That there was pleasure there.

      If this belief from heaven be sent,
      If such be Nature's holy plan,
      Have I not reason to lament
      What man has made of man?

      -William Wordsworth


      Parsleyed Israeli Couscous

      1 cup couscous
      1 small cucumber, seeded and diced
      8 green onions, finely chopped
      1 cup fresh parsley
      1/4 cup lemon juice
      2 TBSP olive oil

      Cook couscous as directed on package. Drain, then rinse under cold water and drain again. Transfer to a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. This is an excellent side dish for grilled items.


      I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.
      -Jeremiah 31:25





















No comments:

Post a Comment