Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring Break!

I am taking a week of Spring Break with my family.  I have spent the time reading, exercising, eating, and more reading!  I just finished Rob Bell's new book , Love Wins.  I highly recommend it to all of you. I love that Jesus can reveal himself all over the place in this great, big world!  I have been enjoying my kids, their dad, and everything that comes with a little break.  I encourage you to read, go back through the blog and try some of the recipes, and try to get outside and exercise as much as possible this week.

We all recited this at our weddings, but I needed to be reminded that love has a look.  This is what it is:

Love is patient,  love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserveres.  Love never fails. 
                                   
                                                                                                          - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

2 comments:

  1. I hope everyone had a great spring break.
    I know that I do not comment on here much but I want to thank Brittany for the continued posts that provide added support through this blog.


    I also wanted to add another amazing book to read. My cousin started reading my copy over spring break and I ended up giving it to her. The book is called Love & Respect by Dr.Emerson Eggerichs. This book is based on extensive biblical and scientific research, Dr. Emerson Eggerichs reveals the secret to couples meeting each others deepest needs.
    My husband had this book when we first started dating and I read it the first time in one night. There are many reviews on the book online if you are interested. I am going to order myself a new copy and an extra copy if someone would like to borrow the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Candace! I read that book 2 years ago and loved it.

    ReplyDelete