Monday, February 3, 2014

Italian Greens

Italian Greens

1 pound washed Spinach (leaves and stems), or collard greens or Kale
2 tsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced OR 2 tsp pesto
2 TBSP lemon juice
2 TBSP white wine


     Heat the oil in a large sauté pan.  Add the stems and cook until bright green.  Add the leaves, along with the garlic, lemon juice and white wine.  Bring to a rapid boil and cook just until the leaves are wilted and the juices have reduced in half.  Italian greens are delicious with crusty French bread, pasta, or any other Italian dish.  





     While reading the Serenity Prayer today, I realized that there are many circumstances in this life that I cannot change.  Those things just need to be prayed for.  In the situations where I can make a change, I need to ask for help and be honest about my shortcomings, my downfalls, and my sins.  We need to know there is potential for change. Change cannot happen without stopping what you have been doing and then do something DIFFERENT.   Change can only happen when people ask for help and have a vision of hope.   What can you do differently?  
Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; 

and wisdom to know the difference.



Living one day at a time; 
enjoying one moment at a time; accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; 
taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it; 
trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will; 
that I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
forever in the next. 


Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment