Monday, November 7, 2011

Anonymous

Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
1 and 1/2 ups non-diary chocolate chips
1 can organic pumpkin pie mix or 2 cups fresh cooked and mashed pumpkin
2 TBSP unrefined sugar
2 tsp arrowroot powder
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 prepared graham cracker crust
2 TBSP chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.  Melt 11/4 cups of the chocolate chips over a simmering water bath.  While chocolate is melting, add the pumpkin, sugar, arrowroot powder and salt to a food processor and puree until very smooth.  Add the chocolate to the food processor after it is completely melted.  Pour the mixture into the pie crust and then sprinkle with chocolate chips.  Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 35 more minutes.  Allow to cool before serving.  

                              Footprints in the Sand


                             One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
                                  Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
                                       In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
                                            Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
                                                other times there were one set of footprints.


                                                This bothered me because I noticed
                                            that during the low periods of my life,
                                       when I was suffering from
                                  anguish, sorrow or defeat,
                              I could see only one set of footprints.


                              So I said to the Lord,
                                 "You promised me Lord,
                                       that if I followed you,
                                           you would walk with me always.
                                                 But I have noticed that during 
                                                        the most trying periods of my life
                                                              there have only been one
                                                                    set of footprints in the sand.
                                    Why, when I needed you most,
                                  you have not been there for me?"


                                                                   The Lord replied,
                                   "The time when you have seen only one set of footprints,
                                                             is when I carried you."
                                       
                                                                           - Mary Stevenson, 1936

    Remember that when you feel alone, life is hard to encounter, or there is little hope, there is a God who loves you and is with you, even if you do not ask for help. It reminds me of the anonymous donor.  They give without needing credit.  So is our Creator, who gives continuously even when He does not receive the credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment