Monday, October 24, 2011

What a creation!

Fresh Folds with Balsamic Reduced Caramelized Onions
Olive oil, 3-4 TBSP
2 onions, sliced
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup broccoli florets
1 zucchini, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
4 flat bread circles
1 and 1/2 cups hummus (look at previous blogs)
1 large avocado
3 cups spinach, chopped

     Saute the sliced onions in the oil.  When they start to turn translucent, turn the heat to medium-low.  Stir every few minutes for about 20 minutes or until they are golden and sweet.  Pour in the balsamic vinegar and stir well.  Allow to simmer until the vinegar is a syrupy glaze, or about five minutes.
     Roast the zucchini, broccoli, and red pepper in a 300 degree oven for 25 minutes.  Warm the flat bread in the oven.  Spread one flat bread with a generous amount of hummus, load with grilled veggies, and then top with the onions and balsamic vinegar sauce.  This is amazing!




     This evening, in Northern Michigan, our home was surrounded by a halo of lights from the aurora borealis.  This photo is like what we saw, although my camera was not able to capture the brilliant movement and colors of the light, so I borrowed this picture from google images.  I could not help but think that there is someone in complete control of everything, and even goes out of their way to make a brilliant light show for us!  I am in awe.

Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; 
     you formed me in my mother's womb.
I thank you, High God- you're breathtaking!
     Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
     I worship in adoration - what a creation!
You know me inside and out,
    you know every bone in my body;
You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
    how I was sculpted from nothing into
    something.
Like an open book, you watched me grow
    from conception to birth;
    all the stages of my life were spread out 
    before you,
The days of my life all prepared
    before I'd even lived one day.


               - Psalm 139:13 The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment