Friday, December 16, 2011

Pay it Forward

Spinach and Pine Nuts
The perfect, healthy, 10-minute side dish

3 pounds spinach
2 tsp olive oil
2 TBSP toasted pine nuts ( 10 minutes in a 300 degree oven, stirring twice)
1-2  tsp minced garlic (I always use more)
freshly ground pepper to taste

    Wash the spinach.  Cook the damp spinach in a skillet on high heat until the leaves just begin to wilt.  Remove the spinach.  Heat the oil in the skillet over medium heat.  Add the pine nuts, garlic and spinach, cooking for about two minutes.  My entire family loves this side dish.  For lunch, I even place this on an open-faced sandwich, adding other vegetables like carrots, zucchini, and onions.  


   

 Simple acts of kindness during this very busy season can remind others of the joy and hope in this world.  A simple smile, a door held open, a greeting, a helpful hand- all are such simple gifts but have a huge impact on people.  If they in turn pay it forward, think of what a better world this will be.

     " I thank my God every time I remember you.  
 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy..."
                                        - Philippians 1:3-4
 




No comments:

Post a Comment