Monday, September 12, 2011

Being content

Mocha Cupcakes (vegetarian and gluten-free)
1 cup organic applesauce
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
1.5 cups oat flour
1 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup agave nectar
2 eggs
1/4 cup coffee
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Food process or blend the applesauce and the black beans together.  In a bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.  In a separate bowl, whisk the agave nectar and the eggs until light and foamy.  Reduce the mixer speed to medium and add the coffee and vanilla.  Add the flour mixture.  Beat until just moist.  Divide the batter evenly between about 20 cupcake holders.  Bake for 15 minutes.  These have no added fat, 186 calories, 4 g fiber, and 4 g protein per cake!  I served these with a touch of vanilla frosting on top and my kids loved them!  Good energy before a work out, too.


"I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do everything through him who gives me strength."
                                                 - Philippians 4:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment