Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pineapple Salad



Pineapple Salad

Just in time for spring, here is pineapple salad.  I take a bit of this, close my eyes, and imagine I am at the beach.  Give it a try!  Eat alongside a fresh green salad or use as a dip with chips. 

1/2 pineapple, diced into small pieces
1/2 cucumber, diced
1/2 red onion, diced into very small pieces
1 avacado, sliced and chopped
juice of 1 lime
hot pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste

     Toss everything but the avacado together and then add the avacado gently at the end.  Think spring, even if all that snow is still outside.



     I love the second half of the poem,  "Listening" by David Ignatow.  It makes me think of nearly every marriage:

Standing beside you,
I took an oath
to make your life simpler
by complicating mine
and what I always thought
would happen did:
I was lifted up in joy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment